2008-05-11

Sunday, May 11, 2008 Mothers Day

Does it really matter how deep the water is when you are walking on it??

***********************************

Mother's day survived.

No greasy fried eggs in bed this morning.... (slightly disappointed. Not about the eggs, just that I didn't get breaky in bed!)

Treated myself to lunch today; a baked spaghetti squash with org. sauce, half a cantelope.
Supper at mom's was as expected. Turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, microwaved peas, coleslaw with sloppy sauce. Angel food for dessert.

I was able to stick mostly to the mashed potatoes without drawing much attention!
I gave thanks and appreciated the love that went into that meal, and tried to forget the spoonfuls of margarine and milk mushed in.
As of recent, dad is no longer able to be with us as a family, so I remind myself what a gift mom is. How every day is precious and there will come a time when she will no longer be the one making these family meals.
Her stuffing's not so bad, I know my mom's secret recipe, and it doesn't come from a box!! You can pronounce all the ingredients, mostly spices and onions, excusing the white bread in the grande scheme of things.

This is one of those times when all my preaching needs to be played back to me.

I am always telling my clients to not begin to walk that line of condemnation. Do your best, set your goals, but always remember GRACE.
When you end up in situations like this, pray, give thanks for your meal, remember the big picture, and enjoy.

tomorrow, up we get, back on the trail.

I don't think I'm done this journey yet.

Oh and YES!!! Of course I had angel food and strawberries for dessert!!

It is MOTHER'S DAY!!!!



No comments: