2009-03-17

The Moments~ Monday March 16, 2009









All I wanted was a bath, I had had a long day,
and a few wee wittle things had pushed my buttons.
I had fallen into stinking thinking and all I wanted
was to submerge in the tub and make it go away.


8:30~ FINALLY.... in I sunk.... ah, sweet surrender.
8:40~knock, knock went the door....
"MOM? I GOTTA GO!!"

(I swear, they hold it)

8:42~ out I climb, dripping and red, just to return 5 minutes later to my watery sanctuary freshly fragrant.

8:50~ knock, knock.... "MOM? are you in the tub?"

UGHHHH! God, is it THAT HARD?????

"Can't YOU SEE! " I scream inside!

"All I want is a half an @%$& hour to myself!"

sigh..
eventually and humbly I did get my bath...

after reminding myself of how someday,
when the children are all grown and gone,
I can soak till I shrivel, finally undisturbed


But the wonderful Lord Jesus, being as patient as He is, was not content to leave me
enroute to Pity City


The scripture I had read just a hour before began swirling thru my spirit....

Let us not become weary in doing good,
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6:9


And I did~
I stilled the whirlwind inside, I spent my quiet time.
It was holy and ordained.
The God of the Universe spoke and I listened.
He really can be closer than breath if you so desire Him to be.

I returned to the real world, re focused, my spirit full,
my mind spinning with fresh revelation and direction.


Big deep breathe,
all is well again.





No comments: