2009-03-26

OW!! But it HURTS..........

I had a quote swirling thru my noggin tonite

You know that crazy drilling in your brain when you're trying to remember something and its
juuuuuust riiiight there????

Think I could remember it.... na uh...

I Googled "DISCIPLINE" quotes and wowzie did I hit the jackpot.

Ponder some of these juicy goodies....




"The first and best victory is to conquer self."
Plato

Greek Philosopher


A man without decision of character can never be said to belong to himself . . . . He belongs to whatever can make captive of him."

John Foster

"Let me . . . ; remind you that it is only by working with an energy which is almost superhuman and which looks to uninterested spectators like insanity that we can accomplish anything worth the achievement. Work is the keystone of a perfect life. Work and trust in God."
Woodrow Wilson

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle

"Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves; they therefore remain bound. The man who does not shrink from self-crucifixion can never fail to accomplish the object upon which his heart is set. This is true of earthly as of heavenly things. Even the man whose object is to acquire wealth must be prepared to make great personal sacrifices before he can accomplish his object; and how much more so he who would realize a strong and well-poised life."
James Allen

"There are no short cuts to any place worth going."
Beverly Siles (I'm hearing ya, Bev)

"If we don't discipline ourselves, the world will do it for us."
William Feather (oh cr@p)

"Rule your mind or it will rule you."
Horace

"A successful career will no longer be about promotion. It will be about mastery."
Michael Hammer ( two Jo thumbs-up)

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
Vince Vince Lombardi

It's not the work that's hard, it's the discipline.
Vincent Lombardi (ouch...)

So, I've upped my game today
Determined, focused...

Yes, I am my only obstacle.

I've been burning that proverbial candle and things are starting to take a form.

Today I doubled my workout, talked myself out of more lazy mistakes than ever, sought first the kingdom,
and got the job done... phew...

It feels good to be the master and not the mastered.

Think I would like to get use to this....

and now I am OFFICALLY done stalling sinking myself into a sitz bath.
(if you've ever had a sitz bath..
you know... the end result is glorious, the event leave a wee bit to be desired)


O, yes, I did finally remember that quote in the wee hours...

It comes from the 2007 film "Great Debaters"
out of that little cutie petutie "James Farmer Jr" played by Denzel Whitaker

"We do what we have to do in order to do what we want to do."

No comments: